Friday, October 9, 2009

Conferences

Next week, October 12, 13, and 14 are conferences.  I thought I'd share an educator view of conferences. 
I love 'em.  Especially fall conferences, because those are goal-setting conferences, and what better use of conference time than to set goals for students?  Conferences gave me a chance to sit down face-to-face with parents and families - to put a face with a name or a voice, to listen to what their eyes were saying.  That was so important to experience, as a teacher.  My students were my kids for a year, and I was excited about the opportunity to partner with their families in their education.  I was never comfortable focusing on grades.  I truly only wanted to focus on growth.  That's what conferences are really all about.  I hope everyone has enjoyable, productive conferences next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment